Last Modified May 1, 2020
Master Gage & Tool Co. (MG&T) (“Company" or “We" or “Global Industrial") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from you in various ways when you interact with us, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as:
- Your name, postal address, telephone number;
- Credit/debit card or other payment method information;
- Date of birth;
- E-mail address (“Personal Information") or;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website, or through third parties. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us: The information we collect may include, among other things:
- Information that you provide when establishing an account with us, placing an order on our Website;
- Information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us;
- Information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us, including email, voice and chat transcripts;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions when you make a purchase from us;
- Information you may be required to provide regarding contact, billing, payment or other financial information before placing an order with us;
- Information regarding your participation in a rebate or warranty program offered by us or a third party;
- Your search queries on the Website; and
- Information that you provide when you communicate with any or our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services through the Site, telephone, mail or fax. In addition, when you communicate through the telephone, we may record audio of the conversations for quality control, training, security and analytics purposes.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons, or used by such persons without your consent.
Catalog Requests and Email Newsletter Subscriptions: Upon placing an order with us, you may begin receiving our catalog and email newsletter, unless you opt-out of receiving such communications. Your welcome email will also alert you if someone else has entered your email address into our email newsletter subscription list. In order to make our email newsletters more relevant and useful to you, our servers may receive a confirmation when you open an email message from us.
Promotions: From time to time, we may run promotions. If you participate in a promotion, you will opt-in to receive email or other communications from us and our affiliated partners. You may subsequently opt-out of the receipt of such email or communications by following the directions in the email or contacting that site.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies: As you navigate and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information we collect is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: We (or service providers on our behalf) may collect information through the use of “Web Beacons" on pages of our Website and e-mails. Web Beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which may employ cookie technology that enable us to record data about visits to or transactions made on the Site. This information is sometimes known as “clickstream data." We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience and our customer service.
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Third Party Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information such as through co-branded or joint offerings with third parties