Metrology Services Technician
The Metrology Services Technician will work in Master Gage & Tool Co. lab in Greenville, SC. The technician will work with current staff to meet in-lab calibrations and travel to onsite as needed. This technician reports to the lab manager and will be the primary technician sent for onsite calibrations. The technician will calibrate hand tools, fixed limit gages, torque, and surface finish gages. Onsite visits will encompass hand tools, torque, hardness testing, and comparator calibrations. The technician will travel to customer sites in the Carolinas. Work alongside current on-site technicians to train on preferred calibration methods and processes.
Additional responsibilities with onsite jobs include:
- Cleaning, labeling, and recording data for all calibration items.
- Maintaining updated calibration procedures.
- Transportation and maintenance of calibration equipment used for onsite calibration.
- Calibration of equipment used for onsite calibration work as required.
- Generate certs and or reports for calibration items.
- Assist Metrology Services Manager as needed.
- Request orders for parts and or supplies pertaining to onsite calibration work.
- Has signatory approval for work performed onsite at customer's facility
Desired Skill and Expertise (Preferred but not Required):
- Dimensional Calibration
- Previous work experience with high accuracy calibration equipment
- Quality Control
- In-Depth experience with calibration of inspection hand tools
- Dimensional Inspection Equipment and Mathematics Skills and Blueprint reading experience.
Community College or Military with Metrology Experience
- 401(k)* (after a year)
- Dental insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off & Vacation
- (9) Paid Holidays
- Vision Insurance